Thursday, March 5, 2015

The one from the past

Finally managed to skype E the other day and she mentioned something I wrote in her address book in 2013. Under the heading of dreams/things you wanna do, something along that line, I wrote "Travel & climb around the world". Not word for word but yep the jizz is there. "Good that you're doing that now." she said.

I barely remember that I wrote that, despite remembering every other bit of that day. Snapping an ugly polaroid of C, driving alongside her while she walked back to hall hah, good times. I miss my mini. It's abit like reading a letter to yourself from yourself from years ago. People change, things change, dreams change. It's difficult to do what you set out to do. Along the way, things happen and it changes ALOT of things. This goes for everything, including friendships, kinships and relationships. People drift apart, people get forgotten and ultimately, they get replaced. Well, I'm just really thankful for my persistent friends that spring surprise ft calls on me, snap me > 10x a day and text me to ask when I'm coming back. Because, I know I'm a shit friend; a reclude when I'm here. I hardly offer to ft anybody, forgets to reply texts and reply like 1:10 snaps lol. Even though I'm prolly the one with the most free time on hands haha.
No idea how I digressed this much, but I guess what I really wanted to say is that I'm pretty happy with myself that I stayed true to my "dreams" that I set out to achieve when I was 19. It's sort of an achievement I never knew I have already achieved. I never expect to stay so true to climbing & fate plays a big part (you'd know if you know my UCAS story). 

In 3 years, I've climbed in
-Sheffield/UK
-France
-Switzerland
-Laos
-Thailand
-USA
-China
-Spain

Super excited for Summer to add on to the list! I really can't imagine not being able to have long holidays to travel. In less than 3 months, I'd be done with my final year o.o    
Now that I've paid 60quid + wrote a long ass personal statement, I really want to get it for Manc rawr. It's weird to think at 22 I've sort of got my life sorted out lol. #growingup #growingold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home