Thursday, May 19, 2016

The one with words

Last week, my professor asked about the plans after MsC Finance and I just blurted out I need a break after this bluntly. And obviously somehow that doesn't seem like a good enough answer to him. Somewhere along the line of all these academic struggles, I seem to have lost, temporarily lost the determination to carry it over to the working life.
The last year has been more challenging than ever, unlike A's where I was absolutely disgusted by everything- the teachers, syllabus, workload. But now, it's almost I want to try and get on top of everything. I want to get it. Looking back I seriously think I've some sort of weird-ass huge balls to walk into the exam hall barely knowing half of my syllabus for both of my H2 sciences. Some days I struggle to stay afloat but still, it's satisfying, like coming out of the waters for fresh air.
I might be at a disadvantage (not self-pitying) as compared to majority of the cohort, coming from a so-so university prior, where I barely grasp the fundamental of Finance. Everyone around me had accounting, econometrics and experience with every other data analysis and statistical software. Safe to say that 75% of the materials were new to me last and this semester. Yesterday I got back my results for an individual assignment, first ever individual assignment at Manc (past 2 were group work) and I got a 69%, the lowest I've gotten in my last 3 years of my university work. But still, I couldn't be more relieved. &I'd like to think I can have a decent written grade at Manc (though I highly suspect that the tutor is being extremely generous, well doesn't hurt that he's my dissertation supervisor as well eh?) but nevertheless, I'll take it.
T-1 to exams, I might start developing anxiety soon. 5 days of hell begin tomorrow. 
After this I'm so done with studying, so so done. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home